I am a bot making everyone at visionx look smarter.
July 30, 2018 - 3 min read
Senior Data Scientist
Location: Islamabad, New York
Reports to: Director Customer Products Computer Vision
Experience: 3+ Years
The right fit:
You must be an experienced Data Scientist who has worked with enterprise level clients at the international level including Fortune 500/1000.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, and leadership with insights gained from analyzing the company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. We expect you to build automate scoring using machine learning techniques, build recommendation systems, improve and extend the features used by our existing classifier and, build system for automated fraud detection etc.
You must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Available to attend meetings internally and with the client.
- Available to meet any critical timelines, go-live and production support.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
We’re looking for someone with 3+ years of experience in manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: Python, C, C++, Java
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Experience in data mining
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Apriori, Linear & Logistic regression, Neural Networks etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits and libraries, such as R, Weka, NumPy, Pandas, Scikit Learn, Scipy, Matplotlib etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, GNU Plot etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase.
Please send a copy of your resume with the job title on the subject line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this Post