I am a bot making everyone at visionx look smarter.
October 02, 2018 - 2 min read
Computer Vision Scientist
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Education / Experience: PhD in Computer Vision / Machine Learning or an MS degree with 3+ years of relevant experience
The right fit:
On our computer vision team supporting VisionX products and services, we develop the machine/deep learning and models, tailored digital solutions and products. Our teams have built some of the sophisticated machine/deep learning models, which recognize documents, invoices, tables, addresses, objects, and scene. The models we develop enable our customers to deliver automation, and augmentation for a variety of the use-cases.
As part of the team, you will research machine learning solutions and build infrastructure for accurate and scalable solutions. If you're excited by the idea of applying technology and automation to complex data problems, keep reading.
- Design and implement machine learning solutions for VisionX products and services involving computer vision (object recognition, scene understanding, surveillance).
- Work on innovating, expanding, and growing our machine learning products and services to large datasets and new applications for VisionX products and services.
- Pick up new languages and technologies as needed. Our preferred technology stack includes Python3, Scikit-Learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow, and Keras, among others.
- Understand and implement papers published in top-tier computer vision and machine learning venues (CVPR, PAMI, ICCV, ICML, NIPS).
- Design and implement efficient pipelines for data manipulation, processing and delivery.
- Create tools for automated quality assurance and anomaly detection to alert stakeholders of changes in the quality of machine learning models and analytics.
- Develop quality software through code reviews, automated testing and design reviews.
- Collaborate and communicate with various teams across the organization both technical and non-technical to help evangelize machine learning.
- Commitment to continuous improvement, evaluation, and automation of tasks to maintain a high standard of quality.
- Translate complex product and user problems/needs into elegant software solutions.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Ph.D. in computer science with a focus in Computer Vision and Machine Learning. An MS degree with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Research or advanced experience with computer vision and deep learning. Strong preference will be given to candidates who have published in main-stream venues like CVPR, PAMI, ICCV, ECCV, ICML, NIPS.
- Experience implementing machine learning systems in production at scale in Python or C++
- A solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and software design concepts.
- A great communicator able to both recognize and implement machine learning applications with a high business value.
- Experience and understanding of AWS cloud infrastructure including integration with 3rd Party API’s.
- Ability to coach teams on the best coding practices and standards.
- Passionate about data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- Creative with new challenges and prototyping.
Please send a copy of your resume with the job title on the subject line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this Post