Full Stack Developer - SEO Expert
Full Time - Remote | Remote | Product EngineeringApply for position →
VisionX is a fast-growing machine vision product company headquartered in New York City with a unique mission to build innovative machine vision systems and products that enhance human productivity. Our business operating model is backed by our ‘mindset’ principles that serve as a guiding framework to work each day relentlessly towards our purpose of becoming the most desirable innovation company in the world by future-proofing humanity, businesses, and society.
VisionX between its HQ1 at New York City and HQ2 at Islamabad continues to develop and deploy digital products across the globe for many renowned brands and Fortune 500. We place people outside their comfort zones and develop a new mindset so they can live a self-aware life and realize their potential. VisionX leadership strongly believes in giving back and activating digital health initiatives through its Corporate Social Responsibility initiative – Sehr Foundation.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer who partners with both the business and technical teams to innovate and deliver new features and enhancements for the e-commerce platform. This position mainly focuses on building SEO (search engine optimization) solutions to bring organic traffic from search engines like Google and Bing.
Full Stack Developer e-commerce creates and/or modifies moderately complex solutions that meet the expectations of stakeholders. They have a thorough knowledge of the entire system and work with product, engineering, QA and other teams in the organization to deliver best e-commerce experience to the customers.
You are smart, energetic, assertive, likable, and excellent at communication at all levels. You understand people, culture, and technology. You are a hustler. Passionate about being a difference-maker for others. Love startup culture. Open to rolling-up your sleeves and work at all the levels. Go above and beyond to make things happen. Own your work and ready to live by VisionX Mindset Principles.
· Design, develop and support various SEO related software components throughout the phases of the software development life cycle.
· Work with engineers and other cross functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, Release Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet e-commerce market needs.
· Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and roll-out system changes
· Ensure that technical solutions follow best practices and are reliable, easily maintainable and scalable under sustained load
· Create and maintain application documentation as required
· Mentor and guide junior team members
· Identify project risks and work effectively to mitigate them
· Find and help fix stability/scalability issues in a very time critical environment
· Support site roll-outs and be available to resolve site issues
· Develop industry and product technical expertise
What you need
· 6+ years of full software development lifecycle experience including the ability to perform independent analysis
· 3+ years of experience developing backend applications in Node.JS ES5 and ES6
· Experience using different types of unit testing framework like Jest and Enzyme
· Experience with NoSQL technologies like Couch Base and Mongo and knowledge of Relational Databases (Oracle, DB2)
· Experience with messaging systems like RabbitMQ and Kafka
· Experience developing RESTful APIs
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex technical problems
· Excellent skills as a team player who can drive a collaborative environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with team members and cross functional teams
· Self-driven, able to work independently or within a team setting
· Result oriented and adaptable
Nice to have
· Exposure to the fundamentals of responsive application design
· Experience working with open source technologies
· Exposure to Agile/Scrum methodology
· Familiarity with Quality Assurance methodologies
· Exposure to continuous integration
· Experience working with 3rd party partners
· Experience working directly with non-IT business partners
· Having SEO (Search Engine optimization) knowledge is plus
We live each day through the VisionX Mindset principles. We expect you to read, understand, and come prepared to talk about the execution of the similar tenets at your previous job or in your daily life:
1. We are customer obsessed
2. We are optimistic
3. We dive deep
4. We do more with less
5. We seek to understand
6. We are self-aware
7. We take ownership
8. We respect each other
9. We win as a team
10. We give back to our community
Why choose us
We live and breathe cutting-edge technology. We believe in delivering client value through our work. We build products that are not good or great, but outstanding. Our global network of industry experts and mentors helps shape our growth and future. Our leadership team has extensive technology, retail, and consulting experience with world-renowned brands. We have got all it takes to build an enterprise of the future.
You deliver! We will make your stay and journey with us worthwhile.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.