Full Time | Islamabad,PK | Product EngineeringApply for position →
VisionX is a fast-growing machine vision product company headquartered in New York City with a unique mission to build innovative machine vision systems and products that enhance human productivity. Our business operating model is backed by our ‘mindset’ principles that serve as a guiding framework to work each day relentlessly towards our purpose of becoming the most desirable innovation company in the world by future-proofing humanity, businesses, and society.
VisionX between its HQ1 at New York City and HQ2 at Islamabad continues to develop and deploy digital products across the globe for many renowned brands and Fortune 500. We place people outside their comfort zones and develop a new mindset so they can live a self-aware life and realize their potential. VisionX leadership strongly believes in giving back and activating digital health initiatives through its Corporate Social Responsibility initiative – Sehr Foundation.
Our Team & Your Role
PackageX is an AI-powered SaaS product of VisionX that enables the future of delivery management for residential and commercial buildings – mail, packages, and inventory. Our product is deployed in 30 countries and 118 cities.
As, a Python Developer you would help us to create and improve our PackageX products and work on other client projects. You would need exceptional skills in programming and also have knowledge of data science, big data and software engineering.
You are smart, energetic, assertive, likable, and excellent at communication at all levels. You understand people, culture, and technology. You are a hustler. Passionate about being a difference-maker for others. Love startup culture. Open to rolling-up your sleeves and work at all the levels. Go above and beyond to make things happen. Own your work and ready to live by VisionX Mindset Principles.
· Build scalable, efficient, and high-performance software around our data analytics platform to help us expand its reporting, analytics & machine learning capabilities.
· Be the focal point for feature engineering by identifying & developing new metrics & KPI’s for product growth.
· Be the owner and creator of the analytical data lakes over our PackageX products.
· Build out frameworks and services for our Machine Learning services, systems, and dashboards.
· Interact with business users, other development and testing teams.
· Follow best coding practices - Unit testing, design/code reviews, code coverage and documentation.
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
· Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
· Respond quickly to bug fixes and enhancement requests and be able to take directions and complete tasks on-time with minimal supervision.
· Work with and help implement data models/data schema’s for data scientists & data analyst to build visualizations & statistical/predictive models.
What you need
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science, with at least 2+ years of experience
· Expertise in Python, Conda, SQL, Pandas, NumPy, Spark, Firebase & Big-Query is a must
· Extensive expertise in Django
· Experience with Data Warehousing, ETL Pipelines, large complex data sets, complex SQL queries/NoSQL platforms
· Experience in designing Data Models (Data schema)
· Worked with Github, Microsoft SQL Server/MongoDB or another DBMS, AWS & GCP
· Worked with CI/CD tools; Jenkins, etc.
· Been part of a distributed software engineering team
· Some experience with big data technologies such as Kafka, Spark and others
· Experience with RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
· Expertise in Docker or other containerization software
· Very strong analytical thinking & analyzing of data for uncovering hidden insights
· Strong analytics & statistical concept for building data models & driving product
· Desire to bring new and innovative solutions to the table to resolve challenging software issues as they may develop throughout the product lifecycle
· Sound knowledge of repeatable automated processes for building, testing, documenting and deploying an application at scale
· Been on at least one “death march” and know exactly why some things are to be avoided
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, taking the initiative to recommend and develop innovative solutions
- Master’s in Computer Science
- Experience in Telecom or Micro-financial sector
- Fluency in Python stack for data processing, visualization and modeling (Matplotlib/Seaborn)
- Worked on visualization development on Enterprise Tools (Tableau, Power BI)
- Worked on integration of Enterprise BI tools
· Understanding of data mining & machine learning concepts
We live each day through the VisionX Mindset principles. We expect you to read, understand, and come prepared to talk about the execution of the similar tenets at your previous job or in your daily life:
1. We are customer obsessed
2. We are optimistic
3. We dive deep
4. We do more with less
5. We seek to understand
6. We are self-aware
7. We take ownership
8. We respect each other
9. We win as a team
10. We give back to our community
Why Choose Us
We live and breathe cutting-edge technology. We operate within the Fortune 500 and tech startups and ecosystem. We believe in delivering customer value through our work. We build products that are not good or great, but outstanding. We help build your startup if you are an aspiring entrepreneur. Our global network of industry experts and mentors helps shape our growth and future. Our leadership team has extensive technology, retail, and consulting experience with world-renowned brands. We have got all it takes to build an enterprise of the future.
You deliver! We will make your stay and journey with us worthwhile.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status