Senior Python Developer
Full Time | Islamabad,PK | Product EngineeringApply for position →
VisionX is a fast-growing machine vision product company headquartered in New York City with a unique mission to build innovative machine vision systems and products that enhance human productivity. Our business operating model is backed by our ‘mindset’ principles that serve as a guiding framework to work relentlessly each day towards our purpose of becoming the most desirable innovation company in the world by future proofing humanity, businesses, and society.
VisionX between its HQ1 at New York City and HQ2 at Islamabad continues to develop and deploy digital products across the globe for many renowned brands and Fortune 500. We place people outside their comfort zones and help them develop a new mindset so they can live a self-aware life and realize their potential. VisionX leadership strongly believes in giving back and in the process of activating digital health initiatives through its Corporate Social Responsibility initiative – Sehr Foundation.
As, a Senior Python Developer you would help us to create and improve our VisionX products portfolio. You would need exceptional skills in programming and also have knowledge of data science, big data and software engineering. You are always on a lookout to unlock and maximize your real potential.
You are smart, energetic, assertive, likable, and excellent at communication and storytelling at all levels. You seek to understand people, global cultures, and customers. You are a hustler and passionate about being a difference-maker for others. Love startup culture. Stay data driven. Ready to travel for up to 50% of your time. Go above and beyond to make things happen. Lead by example and prepared to live by VisionX mindset.
· Build scalable, efficient, and high-performance software around our data analytics platform to help us expand its reporting and analytics capabilities.
· Build out frameworks and services for our Machine Learning services, systems, and dashboards.
· Interact with business users, other development, and testing teams.
· Follow coding best practices-Unit testing, design/code reviews, code coverage, documentation, etc.
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
· Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
· Respond quickly to bug fixes and enhancement requests and be able to take directions and complete tasks on-time with minimal supervision.
· Work with and help implement data models created by data scientists.
· Extensive expertise in Django
· Expertise in Python, Conda, PIP, SQL, Pandas, and NumPy
· Worked with Github, Microsoft SQL Server/MongoDB or other Database platform, AWS
· Worked with automated build tools
· Been part of a distributed software engineering team
· Some experience with big data technologies such as Kafka, Spark, and others
· Experience with Data Warehousing, ETL Pipelines, large complex data sets, complex SQL queries
· Desire to bring new and innovative solutions to the table to resolve challenging software issues as they may develop throughout the product lifecycle
· Experience with Agile / Scrum development processes
· Experience with RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
· Sound knowledge of repeatable automated processes for building, testing, documenting and deploying an application at scale
· Expertise in operational data stores and real-time data integration
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, taking the initiative to recommend and develop innovative solutions
· Expertise in Docker or other containerization software
We live each day through the VisionX Mindset principles. We expect you to read, understand, and come prepared to talk about execution of similar principles at your prior job or in your daily life.
We are customer obsessed
We are self-aware
We seek to understand
We take ownership
We dive deep
We respect each other
We are optimistic
We win as a team
We do more with less
We give back to the community
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.