Vice President of Technology
Full Time | Islamabad,PK | Product EngineeringApply for position →
VisionX is a fast-growing machine vision product company headquartered in New York City with a unique mission to build innovative machine vision systems and products that enhance human productivity. Our business operating model is backed by our ‘mindset’ principles that serve as a guiding framework to work each day relentlessly towards our purpose of becoming the most desirable innovation company in the world by future-proofing humanity, businesses, and society.
VisionX between its HQ1 at New York City and HQ2 at Islamabad continues to develop and deploy digital products across the globe for many renowned brands and Fortune 500. We place people outside their comfort zones and develop a new mindset so they can live a self-aware life and realize their potential. VisionX leadership strongly believes in giving back and activating digital health initiatives through its Corporate Social Responsibility initiative – Sehr Foundation.
As Vice President of Technology, you are responsible for (a) product development, (b) platform engineering & cybersecurity, and (c) enterprise IT systems. You will be driving the execution of product strategy and roadmaps through process-driven agile methodologies. In this role, you will work with world-class product and engineering teams to strengthen, grow, and evolve the entire VisionX product engineering and digital platforms portfolio with a laser focus on machine vision, machine learning, deep learning, application development, and third-party integrations.
You are smart, energetic, assertive, likable, and excellent at communication at all levels. You understand people, culture, and technology. You are a hustler. Passionate about being a difference-maker for others. Love startup culture. Open to rolling-up your sleeves and work at all the levels. Go above and beyond to make things happen. Own your work and ready to live by VisionX Mindset Principles.
· Hire, develop, and coach product and platform engineering teams.
· Build, strengthen, and govern engineering development processes.
· Elevate engineering delivery to the highest level of agile maturity.
· Develop and present thought leadership on the best in class technology options.
· Lead solution design and architecture.
· Deploy compliant and robust enterprise IT systems, including monitoring and support.
· Adapt to the changing customer, market, and business needs.
· Ship new products and features fast with a focus on data, analytics, performance.
· Measure engineering performance at the product and platform level including resource optimization and maximization.
· Report on product and platform level analytics (performance, adoption, health scores).
· Build scalable and secure systems in compliance with industry standards and customer contracts.
· Enable and ensure internal and customer agreed SLAs.
· Drive operational excellence, risk management, and contract compliance at all levels.
· Keep a steady pulse of cost drivers and financial implications while designing and building solutions.
· Establish industry best practices to develop and re-use assets without compromising on code quality, testing automation, and security.
· Carry a forward-looking vision to anticipate and plan.
· Work closely and collaboratively with the cross-functional leaders and their teams.
· Foster a real-time feedback-driven environment to promote performance-driven culture.
What you need
· MS or BS in computer science, electrical engineering, or any related fields (statistics, applied mathematics, computational neuroscience, machine vision)
· 8+ years of technology leadership and development experience managing high-performing distributed engineering teams running SaaS products and enterprise systems at the global level – international experience is preferred.
· Architecture level knowledge to manage cloud computing and infrastructure services.
· Hands-on knowledge to run and manage agile software development – processes, execution, and governance.
· Familiarity with compliance initiatives (SOC2, GDPR, etc.)
· Mastery in project management to optimize and maximize resources and output.
· Knowledge and understanding of enterprise IT systems to gain operational efficiencies.
We live each day through the VisionX Mindset principles. We expect you to read, understand, and come prepared to talk about the execution of the similar tenets at your previous job or in your daily life:
1. We are customer obsessed
2. We are optimistic
3. We dive deep
4. We do more with less
5. We seek to understand
6. We are self-aware
7. We take ownership
8. We respect each other
9. We win as a team
10. We give back to our community
Why choose us
We live and breathe cutting-edge technology. We believe in delivering client value through our work. We build products that are not good or great, but outstanding. Our global network of industry experts and mentors helps shape our growth and future. Our leadership team has extensive technology, retail, and consulting experience with world-renowned brands. We have got all it takes to build an enterprise of the future.
You deliver! We will make your stay and journey with us worthwhile.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.