Data Scientist - NLP Expert
Full Time | Islamabad,PK | TechnologyApply for position →
VisionX is a digital product company and a mindset obsessed with customer success. Acting as a strategic innovation partner, we help our clients (a) think through their digital and innovation roadmap, (b) build tailored digital products and solutions powered by emerging technologies stack, and (c) develop our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions.
Our customers are world-leading brands and enterprises, including Fortune 500 and strategic startups. VisionX products and SaaS solutions continue to help its customer (a) achieve fast track business growth, (b) gain competitive advantage, (c) constantly innovate to stay relevant, and (d) accelerate product development and feature delivery for their end customers.
PackageX is an AI-powered SaaS product of VisionX (now a standalone entity) that enables the future of delivery management for residential and commercial buildings – mail, packages, and inventory. Our product is deployed in 30 countries and 118 cities.
Our Team & Your role
We hire the best, invest in them, push them outside their comfort zone to help realize their real potential to serve our clients, our company, and most importantly understand life to value each moment and the person they interact. Joining us might be easy but staying at VisionX is harder.
We are headquartered in New York City with our teams geographically located and our delivery powerhouse in Islamabad.
We’re looking for passionate data scientists to come work alongside us to take on some of the most interesting and impact-full problems. Data Scientists have strong analytical skills, great attention to detail, and excellent programming ability. You should be observant enough to see how we can leverage Data to solve client pain-points. You will coordinate with other professionals in order to develop effective systems, so they need to have the ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate strong oral communication skills. A strong mathematical/language background and problem-solving skills are a must. Written skills are required so that the results can be conveyed to the client. In addition to this, we expect you to
· Be an out-of-the-box thinker who is passionate about brainstorming innovative ways to use our unique data to answer business problems.
· Understand our clients’ proprietary data and external data sources, gather data and automate data pipelines.
· Design, develop, implement, validate, deploy and maintain advanced predictive models using advanced data mining, machine learning and deep learning techniques.
· Develop metrics and dashboards to measure and track the value of the solutions.
· Meet the coding style and standards requirements in python Pep 8, Flake 8 etc.
· Collaborate with people from different backgrounds to formulate innovative solutions to experiment and implement advanced data mining techniques.
· Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner to senior management.
You’re Awesome because you have
· BS in computer science, Electrical Engineering or any related fields (Statistics, Applied Math) with at least 3+ years of experience
· Deep technical understanding of advanced areas of Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning.
· Strong understanding of at least one area of deep learning i.e. Word2Vec, Clustering, Sequence Modelling etc.
· Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms and data structures.
· Fluency in Python stack for data processing, visualization and modeling (Numpy, Pandas, Regex, Matplotlib/Seaborn, Flask)
· Fluency in at least one of the following Deep Learning frameworks Tensorflow or Keras.
· Excellent understanding of databases and proficiency in either SQL/NoSQL.
· Understanding of Linux environment and deployment on cloud is required.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to read and implement research is required.
· Participation & a good position in Kaggle Competitions would be a big plus.
· Experience with Android/iOS would be a big plus.
· Understanding of Agile methodology and Scrum.
Our values are the foundation of our X-Culture. To be successful in your day to day tasks we believe in customer centricity, excellence in what we do, taking ownership, bringing spark & innovation, and teamwork.
Why Choose Us
We live and breathe cutting-edge technology. We operate within the technology startups and Fortune 500/1000 ecosystem. We believe in delivering client value through our work. We build products that are not good or great but outstanding. We help build your startup if you are an aspiring entrepreneur. Our global network of industry experts and mentors helps shape our growth and future. Our leadership team has extensive technology, retail and consulting experience with world-renowned brands. We have got all it takes to build an enterprise of the future.
You deliver! We will make your stay and journey with us worthwhile.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.