Full Time | Islamabad,PK | TechnologyApply for position →
VisionX is a fast-growing machine vision product company headquartered in New York City with a unique mission to build innovative machine vision systems and products that enhance human productivity. Our business operating model is backed by our ‘mindset’ principles that serve as a guiding framework to work each day relentlessly towards our purpose of becoming the most desirable innovation company in the world by future-proofing humanity, businesses, and society.
VisionX between its HQ1 at New York City and HQ2 at Islamabad continues to develop and deploy digital products across the globe for many renowned brands and Fortune 500. We place people outside their comfort zones and develop a new mindset so they can live a self-aware life and realize their potential. VisionX leadership strongly believes in giving back and activating digital health initiatives through its Corporate Social Responsibility initiative – Sehr Foundation.
As the Engineering Manager of Backend Services, you will own PackageX core API which powers PackageX web platform, mobile apps, and integrations. You are a hands-on leader who enjoys getting deep on architecture and infrastructure while mentoring and growing a high-performance team. You will collaborate with stakeholders and product managers, SRE and security to develop and execute on the backend services roadmap.
You are smart, energetic, assertive, likable, and excellent at communication at all levels. You understand people, culture, and technology. You are a hustler. Passionate about being a difference-maker for others. Love startup culture. Open to rolling-up your sleeves and work at all the levels. Go above and beyond to make things happen. Own your work and ready to live by VisionX Mindset Principles.
· Manage our Backend Services team—coach them, advocate for them, unblock them—basically make them happy and productive human beings
· Provide technical leadership to the engineers and be accountable for the engineering output of the team
· Work closely with Product, Design, and other cross-functional partners to create a meaningful vision and roadmap; once a feature ships, you'll pay close attention to the impact of the work, and iterate towards a successful outcome
· Grow, educate, hire, and retain a high-performing team with high delivery cadence in an agile environment
· Build a culture of engineering excellence with a focus on performance, scalability, privacy, and security
· Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
· Performing code reviews and providing critical suggestions for fixes and improvements
· Work in agile development methodologies and practices
What you need
· A love of people management, great products and how backend plays a role in product
· Love of innovating and building a team capable of leveraging the growing capabilities of cloud infrastructure and low latency networks
· 4+ years of overall technical experience, including deep knowledge of architecture and operations of highly available, large-scale backend services In NodeJS
· 2+ years of people management experience with a track record of unlocking the potential of your team
· Experience in PostgreSQL outside of an ORM, including the ability to design SQL queries for performance and efficiency
· Expertise with common API and services design best practices
· Deep experience in backend service operational considerations; how they scale, how they should fit together, and how they are likely to break
· Ability to analyze and solve difficult problems across the back end
· Experience in cloud development environments in NodeJS, Express, and Socket.IO
· Experience on AWS Serverless Lambda functions
We live each day through the VisionX Mindset principles. We expect you to read, understand, and come prepared to talk about the execution of the similar tenets at your previous job or in your daily life:
1. We are customer obsessed
2. We are optimistic
3. We dive deep
4. We do more with less
5. We seek to understand
6. We are self-aware
7. We take ownership
8. We respect each other
9. We win as a team
10. We give back to our community
Why choose us
We live and breathe cutting-edge technology. We believe in delivering client value through our work. We build products that are not good or great, but outstanding. Our global network of industry experts and mentors helps shape our growth and future. Our leadership team has extensive technology, retail, and consulting experience with world-renowned brands. We have got all it takes to build an enterprise of the future.
You deliver! We will make your stay and journey with us worthwhile.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.