IOT Solution Architect
Contract- Remote | New York City, NY | TechnologyApply for position →
VisionX is a fast-growing machine vision product company headquartered in New York City with a unique mission to build innovative machine vision systems and products that enhance human productivity. Our business operating model is backed by our ‘mindset’ principles that serve as a guiding framework to work relentlessly each day towards our purpose of becoming the most desirable innovation company in the world by future proofing humanity, businesses, and society.
VisionX between its HQ1 at New York City and HQ2 at Islamabad continues to develop and deploy digital products across the globe for many renowned brands and Fortune 500. We place people outside their comfort zones and help them develop a new mindset so they can live a self-aware life and realize their potential. VisionX leadership strongly believes in giving back and in the process of activating digital health initiatives through its Corporate Social Responsibility initiative – Sehr Foundation.
As the IOT Solution Architect at VisionX Technologies, you will work with world-class product and engineering teams to strengthen, grow and evolve the entire VisionX system. VisionX has created a product environment that empowers responsible, autonomous teams to use the right technologies to solve the right problems. This heterogenous technology environment will expose you to numerous unique and industry leading challenges. You will be focused on the intersection and interconnection of these experience teams, experiences and technologies.
You will be responsible for providing advanced competency in supporting the Service IoT Architecture. You will participate in needs analysis and requirements gathering sessions, with business users and cross functional teams. You will also assist in the creation of technology architecture documents; manipulate data; design, code, and test software and systems; and configure infrastructure components.
As a seasoned systems leader with a knack for organizing others around new ideas and tools, you will be responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of the VisionX IOT strategy. You will work with a world-class team of engineers to design and implement the capabilities to ensure our teams are able to deliver fast, reliably, and meet the requirements of a large highly scalable system.
You are smart, energetic, assertive, likable, and excellent at communication at all levels. You understand people, culture, and technology. You are a hustler. Passionate about being a difference-maker for others. Love startup culture. Go above and beyond to make things happen. Own your work and ready to live by VisionX Mindset Principles.
· Architect end-to-end solutions for our customers using IoT and Mobile Services.
- Develop and support various IoT systems. Range of embedded systems, from edge and embedded computing architectures through networking technologies and administration.
· Design technical architecture for activities and operational tasks, including those supporting IoT
- Experience in Edge-AI related technologies
- Serve as point person on Global IoT Team on matters on edge/embedded computing and administration (operating systems, logging, administration and policy, security, application deployment and management, edge analytics, edge/embedded SDLC, and others).
· Support divisions and customers using IoT toolkit, providing guidance on solutions.
- Experience in deploying an IOT infrastructure at scale
- Experience in deploying data-collection pipelines for IoT related devices for our Data Science teams to analyze
· Help develop an overall IoT and Mobile ecosystem engagement strategy.
· In partnership with the business development, solution architects and sales team, formulate and execute a strategy for mass-scale IoT deployment.
· Experience developing IoT and Mobile solutions and passion for getting hands dirty with code.
· Experiences in IoT connection platform architecture or design.
· Master in Cloud technology, such as IaaS and PaaS.
· Rich experience in IT/IoT business or IoT platform consulting.
· Knowledge of the QSR/Fast Food industry is a huge plus.
· At least 3 Years of Experience deploying cloud and IOT infrastructures at scale.
- 3+ years in an architecture role
- History of success in Systems leadership roles, with demonstrated excellence in running SaaS offerings
- Deep experience with deploying AWS
- BS or MS in related industry/field or equivalent experience (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems)
· Experience building highly available services at scale
· Experience driving adoption of new technology into existing complex systems
· Passion for understanding how others build services, and for helping understand and adopt our evolving best-practices
· Anticipate needs and act accordingly.
· Develop thorough understanding of our business, customers, industry, offerings/solutions.
· Communicate and engage effectively inside and outside the organization.
· Strong sense of ownership.
· Show trust, respect, and loyalty.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to various situations.
· Willingness to travel to VisionX global offices and customer sites.
We live each day through the VisionX Mindset principles. We expect you to read, understand, and come prepared to talk about execution of similar principles at your prior job or in your daily life.
1. We are customer obsessed
2. We are optimistic
3. We dive deep
4. We do more with less
5. We seek to understand
6. We are self aware
7. We take ownership
8. We respect each other
9. We win as a team
10. We give back to our community
Why choose us.
We live and breathe cutting-edge technology. We operate within the Fortune 500 and tech startups and ecosystem. We believe in delivering customer value through our work. We build products that are not good or great, but outstanding. We help build your startup if you are an aspiring entrepreneur. Our global network of industry experts and mentors helps shape our growth and future. Our leadership team has extensive technology, retail, and consulting experience with world-renowned brands. We have got all it takes to build an enterprise of the future.
You deliver! We will make your stay and journey with us worthwhile.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.