Software Engineer (Node JS)
Full Time | Islamabad,PK | TechnologyApply for position →
VisionX is a fast-growing machine vision product company headquartered in New York City with a unique mission to build innovative machine vision systems and products that enhance human productivity. Our business operating model is backed by our ‘mindset’ principles that serve as a guiding framework to work each day relentlessly towards our purpose of becoming the most desirable innovation company in the world by future-proofing humanity, businesses, and society.
VisionX between its HQ1 at New York City and HQ2 at Islamabad continues to develop and deploy digital products across the globe for many renowned brands and Fortune 500. We place people outside their comfort zones and develop a new mindset so they can live a self-aware life and realize their potential. VisionX leadership strongly believes in giving back and activating digital health initiatives through its Corporate Social Responsibility initiative – Sehr Foundation.
You have exceptional analytical skills, a passion for teamwork and innovation. That passion doesn’t stop at the code base but extends to the product and the impact that it has on your customers. You have a strong sense of ownership and pride in the work you do and believe in doing things the right way for the right reasons. Your engineering skills and emphasis on best development and security practices flourish in an environment where things move quickly.
You are smart, energetic, assertive, likable, and excellent at communication at all levels. You understand people, culture, and technology. You are a hustler. Passionate about being a difference-maker for others. Love startup culture. Open to rolling-up your sleeves and working at all the levels. Go above and beyond to make things happen. Own your work and ready to live by VisionX Mindset Principles.
· Work in cloud development environments in NodeJS, Express, and Socket.IO
· Work on AWS Serverless Lambda functions
· Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
· Develop APIs using REST architecture
· Develop both SQL and NoSQL databases Queries
· Be proficient in understanding of code versioning tools (Git, Git Flow)
· Work in agile development methodologies and practices
· Work on implementation automated testing platforms and unit tests
What You Need
· 3+ years of experience as a NodeJS engineer
· Ability to interact with system architects, product owners and to communicate, understand and deliver on requirements in a product focused manner
· Cloud hosted microservices development in NodeJS (1+ years)
· Experience working in an agile environment
· Strong knowledge of patterns, standards, and security best practices
· User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
· Understanding of the quality assurance process and writing unit tests for the application
· Good analytical and algorithmic developments are essential
· BS/MS degree in CS, CE, EE or related discipline
We live each day through the VisionX Mindset principles. We expect you to read, understand, and come prepared to talk about the execution of the similar tenets at your previous job or in your daily life:
1. We are customer obsessed
2. We are optimistic
3. We dive deep
4. We do more with less
5. We seek to understand
6. We are self-aware
7. We take ownership
8. We respect each other
9. We win as a team
10. We give back to our community
Why choose us
We live and breathe cutting-edge technology. We believe in delivering client value through our work. We build products that are not good or great, but outstanding. Our global network of industry experts and mentors helps shape our growth and future. Our leadership team has extensive technology, retail, and consulting experience with world-renowned brands. We have got all it takes to build an enterprise of the future.
You deliver! We will make your stay and journey with us worthwhile.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.