Software Technical Lead (Node JS)
Full Time | Islamabad,PK | TechnologyApply for position →
VisionX is a fast-growing machine vision product company headquartered in New York City with a unique mission to build innovative machine vision systems and products that enhance human productivity. Our business operating model is backed by our ‘mindset’ principles that serve as a guiding framework to work each day relentlessly towards our purpose of becoming the most desirable innovation company in the world by future-proofing humanity, businesses, and society.
VisionX between its HQ1 at New York City and HQ2 at Islamabad continues to develop and deploy digital products across the globe for many renowned brands and Fortune 500. We place people outside their comfort zones and develop a new mindset so they can live a self-aware life and realize their potential. VisionX leadership strongly believes in giving back and activating digital health initiatives through its Corporate Social Responsibility initiative – Sehr Foundation.
You have excellent technical abilities, leadership, decision making, strong communication skills, and adaptability to new technology. Your passion doesn’t stop at the code base but extends to the product and the impact that it has on your customers. You have a strong sense of ownership and pride in the work you do and believe in doing things the right way for the right reasons. You display a high degree of adaptability in order to learn new technologies as needed and successfully manage the daily challenges of a technical environment.
You are smart, energetic, assertive, likable, and excellent at communication at all levels. You understand people, culture, and technology. You are a hustler. Passionate about being a difference-maker for others. Love startup culture. Open to rolling-up your sleeves and work at all the levels. Go above and beyond to make things happen. Own your work and ready to live by VisionX Mindset Principles.
· Leading a team of NodeJS developers to deliver all client projects at VisionX
· Product teams code reviews, static code analysis, code standardization & code security compliance
· Create & review detailed designs and specifications for complex applications and plays a lead role in developing project estimates, schedules, and commitments
· Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
· Do due diligence including analysis and design of all the projects
· Create and implement short and long-term strategy in terms of technological growth
· Lead the implementation and support of technological solutions
· Work in cloud development environments in NodeJS, Express, and Socket.IO
· Work on AWS Serverless Lambda functions
· Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
· Be proficient in understanding of code versioning tools (Git, Git Flow)
· Work in agile development methodologies and practices
· Mentor junior and mid-level NodeJS engineers
What You Need
· 2+ years of Leading a backend team of 10+ people
· Cloud hosted microservices development in NodeJS (4+ years)
· Demonstrated ability to interact with system architects, product owners and to communicate, understand and deliver on requirements in a product focused manner
· Experience working in an agile environment
· Experience in implementing and consuming large-scale web services
· Strong knowledge of patterns, standards, and security practices
· Experience in AWS and Google cloud consoles
· User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
· Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
· Understanding of quality assurance processes and experience in writing unit tests is essential
· Good analytical and algorithmic development are essential
· BS/MS degree in CS, CE, EE or related discipline
· Project Management Certificate is a plus
We live each day through the VisionX Mindset principles. We expect you to read, understand, and come prepared to talk about the execution of the similar tenets at your previous job or in your daily life:
1. We are customer obsessed
2. We are optimistic
3. We dive deep
4. We do more with less
5. We seek to understand
6. We are self-aware
7. We take ownership
8. We respect each other
9. We win as a team
10. We give back to our community
Why choose us
We live and breathe cutting-edge technology. We believe in delivering client value through our work. We build products that are not good or great, but outstanding. Our global network of industry experts and mentors helps shape our growth and future. Our leadership team has extensive technology, retail, and consulting experience with world-renowned brands. We have got all it takes to build an enterprise of the future.
You deliver! We will make your stay and journey with us worthwhile.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.